Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Bike Roadways Clear of Cars- Count me in!

As I was trying my best to fall asleep the other night, I was reminded of what I wanted to do this weekend and hollered through my closed door to my roommate, “Hey, You want to go for a ride this weekend?” For this Sunday is Sunday Parkway in Northeast Portland. I have recently enjoyed some of the fantastic bike events held by various organizations in Portland and this is definitely an event I want to check out. From 10am- 3pm this Sunday, city streets in Northeast will be shutdown to walkers, bikers, children and anyone/anything that is NOT a car! The route will connect to four parks and I guess there will even be food, music and activities mixed in along the route. I am stoked! I have recently convinced my roommate that biking is the best new sport in the world and she needs to try it out! She has followed suit with my enthusiam.


I also just bought some fresh Oregon strawberries from the farmers stand near my work and it just reminded me I really need to check out the Portland Farmers market and maybe take a trip out to Sauvie Island and see what Kruger’s Farm has growing. Fresh local food is so much better than that stuff that comes from California. The strawberries literally melted in my mouth and made me wish for summer to come faster!

Its supposed to be 70 and cloudy this weekend. So I am hoping the weather holds up as I have lots of adventure plans in store!

No comments:

Post a Comment