Tuesday, May 11, 2010

A little helping hand goes a long ways from a Mother’s Day Card

So I could have bought a card, that would have been stashed away in the junk drawer… and I could have bought flowers that would have died in about a week… and I could have spent money on another item that my Mum probably doesn’t need. But instead I took on a giant…a hillside to be exact. I hope all adventures this weekend, involved Mums, as mine sure did. It was a lovely weekend in the PNW and a lovely weekend to tackle the horrid Salal bushes that were weeding up my Mum’s hillside below her deck. This involved two days worth of chopping up roots with a pick axe, avoiding horrid looking spiders, trying to ignore the buzzing bees and getting into fights with blackberries and ivy that were mixed in. After much sweating, grunting and falling over I sure got somewhere with the hill and I felt a big achievement to offer my Mum this gift and saved her a lot of money from having to hire a landscaper. Of course I didn’t do it all alone, I made sure to give Mum the small jobs like picking up dirt/twigs and telling her to rest when needed. We were a good team and it was a good Mother’s day. Of course we enjoyed some of the local luxuries like the Chambers Bay Grill. The clouds were coming in, threatening to ruin the sunshine we had worked in all day but we got an appetizer of BBQ flat bread and a refreshing glass of wine to cheer in the work we achieved that day. To top the weekend off, I dragged my tired self up and made a delicious dinner of Orange Chicken. This is a fantastic recipe!
All my muscles are feeling the burn this week, but man it was achievement I am sure proud of.

What was your Mother's Day adventure?

No comments:

Post a Comment