Monday, May 23, 2011

A Homemaker Not to be Confused with Home wrecker…

Sorry that’s a terrible title, but I kind of found it funny. And it’s a Monday, a day I am usually not at my best and spend most of the morning trying to shake off the sleepiness of the sleep I did not catch up on during the weekend. My life is seriously a blur sometimes as I try to cram so much into one 24 hour day. And this weekend was no exception. Although, I am proud to say most of my weekend was spent in my home. Starting out with a Friday night jam session around a tiny fire pit and then Saturday preparing our garden box, weeding and enjoying the later afternoon on a bike ride with one of my best friends.



So my Mom recently purchased her fourth bike…… Yes, fourth! As I would say, why do you need four bikes? For a bike enthusiast that is a ridiculous question, so I came up with a scheme.

I have a bike, most of my friends don’t have a bike….. So it goes, “Hey Mom, want to “loan” me a bike? I mean you don’t really need ALL four.” So the great Mother that she is, “loans” me one of her better bikes and because of this I got to teach my friend Sammie on Saturday the joy of road biking! Can’t say I was the best teacher of street smarts…. I pulled into traffic a bad way, whoops. However, we really did enjoy a leisurely ride through Fanno Creek .

And where does the Homemaker come in….. well yesterday after I dragged myself out of bed finally at noon. I then proceeded to clean the house, mow the lawn, weed, weed-whack, plant vegetables, and clean out the scum from our fish pond. And by grace, I  luckily I woke up free of whatever nasty disease I could have gotten from that water. I may be renting a house, but its sure fun to pretend I’m not and tend to the beautiful home God has currently provided my roommate and I.

No comments:

Post a Comment