Thursday, May 26, 2011

Two Roads Diverged in a Wood, Which Road Will You Choose?

The Road Not Taken- by Robert Frost

TWO roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,
And both that morning equally lay

In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

This just hit me, and I have to write about it before the thoughts run into media requests and updating media lists. I remember being so in love with this poem at the age of 8. I even memorized and recited it at my elementary school talent show. But just now I have understood how prevalent this perception has been in my life and so many times I have stood staring at those two roads. If I went right my life would lead one direction but if I go left my life would lead another. Most often than not, I choose the destination that is unknown. Maybe that is my adventurous spirit. I hate change, although I hate following the same boring path in life. I get bored doing the same thing too many times in life and I am thrilled by a new destination, a new path, a new journey. Maybe that’s why I cringe a little at taking the same hiking trail…. I think “What about the others?” So many more to explore! Or watching the same movie… “But what about the other stories? Yet to be heard!”

Decisions…my weeks are changing quickly. Every week is different. My life has taken so many turns in the past few weeks I might get dizzy. But God has a plan and he has an understanding and the cool thing is, he knows the path I am going to take. And that has made all the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment